Join us at our first in-person Digital Health Event in the Bay Area, this December.
Expect an evening of dynamic speakers, strategic deep dives, and industry insights from our expert lineup. Please find speaker bios below.
The event will focus on the challenges and opportunities of this exciting next step in healthcare. We will also be joined by Venture Lab NGK SPARK PLUG, CO., LTD. portfolio company partners who will share the latest developments and product demonstrations of their groundbreaking technology.
Run of Events:
- 6:00-7:00 p.m. – Reception & Networking with Refreshments + Product Demonstrations
- 7:00-8:30 p.m. – Presentation & Panel Speakers
- 8:30-9:00 p.m. – Q&A
- 9:00-9:30 p.m. – More Networking & Adjourning
Please note this is an in-person event with limited capacity. Pre-registration is requested, and we ask that attendees register if only they are likely able to attend the event. Register, here!
Thank you and looking forward to seeing you there!
Jay Pandit, MD – Director of Digital Medicine at the Scripps Research Translational Institute
- Jay Pandit is the Director of Digital Medicine at the Scripps Research and Translational Institute (SRTI). He achieved his undergraduate degree at Stanford University, his medical school and internal medicine training at the University of California San Francisco, his cardiovascular diseases and bio-design training at Northwestern University, and business management training from the Stanford Graduate School of Business. His clinical and research interests have always led him back to the intersection of medicine and technology and how it can improve the patient’s clinical outcome. He began with in-kind loans to HIV-positive farmers in Western Kenya, moved to include the patient’s perspective in informed consent to weight outcomes, then with the sensor and wearable evolution his focus turned to disrupt the field of blood pressure monitoring and he pioneered a novel approach to cuffless blood pressure monitoring and eventually moved on to all physiologic data that can be collected with smart devices and sensors with the focused desire to make them clinically relevant. He has participated as an investigator or sub-investigator in over 50 pharmaceutical and medical device trials and has served as an advisor to multiple start-ups. As Director of Digital Medicine at SRTI, he is working to advance the mission of how to personalize research and medicine by embracing the power of health technology. He oversees the digital medicine division’s decentralized clinical trial platforms, focusing on how best to collect, analyze and return multimodal data to both participants and providers using AI tools.
Archana Dubey, MD – Chief Clinical Officer at AliveCor
- Archana Dubey has more than 25 years of experience as a physician, executive, entrepreneur, and strategic adviser. In her role as Chief Clinical Officer at AliveCor, Archana is developing a comprehensive cardiovascular condition management solution for employers and payers that integrates KardiaMobile remote ECG technology with coaches and clinicians, all on one AI-informed platform, to deliver simple and smart healthcare solutions to patients, providers, and payers. Archana also serves as HP’s Chief Medical Officer consultant, directing population health strategy for the health and wellness programs for the global HP population, and as a healthcare consultant for HP’s healthcare products. She also serves on HP’s Scientific Advisory Board for their future clinical products. As an entrepreneur and digital health evangelist, Archana founded the Invent Health platform in 2017, which bridges together venture capital funds, health systems, and digital health solutions to help initiatives have a chance of survival and scale, from funding to adoption. As a primary care physician, Archana has worked to improve lives, one patient at a time. Always striving to push boundaries, she has provided clinical leadership to large, self-insured employers, helping with the population health strategy and benefit design, thereby expanding the impact and reaching a much larger number of patients. She currently serves as the Board Member of the American Heart Association’s Afib Health Tech Advisory Group.
Ilias Tagkopoulos, Ph.D. – Founder and Chairman at PIPA
- Dr. Ilias Tagkopoulos is an engineer, educator, and entrepreneur, actively pushing the frontiers of discovery and computational innovation in Life Sciences for more than 20 years.
An ardent proponent and practitioner of AI, Dr. Tagkopoulos through his work aims to map the multifold ways nutrition and human health intersect to enable the next generation of treatments, functional foods, and supplements. Dr. Tagkopoulos is the founder of 6 companies, including PIPA LLC, an AI company that uses AI to accelerate discovery in Life Sciences. PIPA’s AI platform, LEAP, integrates natural language processing, bioinformatics, and other computational techniques to achieve high hit rates for discovery of novel small molecules with health benefits for humans and pets.
Dr. Tagkopoulos is a professor of Computer Science and the Genome Center at UC Davis where he leads the Integrative Biology & Predictive Analytics lab with a focus on genome-scale modeling and experimental systems microbiology. He is also the Director of the USDA-NIFA/NSF AI Institute of Next-Generation Food Systems (AIFS), a multi-institutional collaboration between UC Davis, UC Berkeley, Cornell University, and other institutions with a mission to leverage AI for a better, more robust food system. Prior to UC Davis, Dr. Tagkopoulos worked at fixed-income derivative models at Credit Suisse, NY. He holds a Diploma from the University of Patras, an M.Sc. from Columbia University, and a Ph.D. from Princeton University, all in Electrical and Computer Engineering.